Lothlorien is the name of a music project by B. Blanke.
The music of Lothlorien has it's own charakter, maybe you can say it is inspired by Pink Floyd and Marillion, but also by Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan.
The name Lothlorien is taken from Tolkiens ''Lord of the rings'' and means translated ''dream blossom land''.
In 1988 B. Blanke and five other people founded a band named Lothlorien. After the split of the band in 2000, B. Blanke decided to use the band name further and to publish his music under it. In 2001 he began with the recording of his first official album.
(For more details click here)
Since this day Lothlorien published ten albums:
- About stepping stones and lost dreams (2003),
- Just another love song (2006),
- Jigsaw pieces (2008),
- A night in the city (2010),
- On this stage of life (2015),
- In spite of everything (2018),
- Nearly forgotten songs (2019),
- Nearly forgotten songs (Vol 2) (2020),
- Paths of life (2021) and
- The book of the nearly forgotten fairy tales (2021)